Finding yourself a suitable and affordable sewing machine can be a big deal. To help you find a sewing machine that suits all the required features and can give you a long lasting investment, we give you the best sewing machine reviews.
If you have a flexible budget and are looking for a powerful machinery which can sew like a charm, then we would highly recommend you to go with Brother CS6000i for just $148.
If you are a beginner with a fixed budget, looking for a not so complicated machine then, we would recommend you to go with Brother XL2600I for just $90.
Best Sewing Machines
Our #1 recommendation, excellent features at an attractive price. Has 60 built-in stitches suitable for both experienced and newbie sewers.
Cleverly designed Singer machine with a heavy duty metal frame. Has 600 built-in stitches with various other features that can be managed according to the needs of the user. Gives best features for every penny you pay.
Ranking #3, Brother XL2600I gives us the finest features at the right price. Has 25 built-in stitching patterns, best for everyday and decorative sewing. Other controls and features equipped with this machine makes it one of the best-selling machines in the world.
Scoring #4 position in our list, Singer 7258 has highly advanced features at an affordable price. Gives a professional touch to your sewing project. It is suitable for both pro ang beginner sewers.
Ranks #5 in our list. Singer 4411, known for its innovative design has various features that can be used to stitch wide range of sewing projects. This product is priced right and can easily fit into anyone budget.
Our last recommendation product Janome 2212, is one of its kidnd. It is designed to give excellent performance, comfort and durability. Its simple machinery is best suited for both experienced and new sewers.
Brother CS6000i has been rated #1 by the customers. It has managed to score a handsome 4.7 on 5, and has been successfully bought by almost 4500 satisfied customers. This positive response is mainly due to the pricing and the ease of working with this automatic product.
It is a moderately sized machine weighing just 13 pounds, making it very convenient to carry while travelling. It is equipped with an LCD screen that gives an advantage of selecting the type, length and width of the stitch. This sewing machine has 60 built-in stitches which makes it perfect to fit in the wide range to sewing projects.
An additional oversized extension table is provided with the machine, which gives an advantage of stitching large projects like quilts and curtains. Buttons for adjusting the speed and reverse stitching options are also available.
- Excellent product with an attractive price.
- Light product, portable.
- Can stitch any type of material.
- Automatic machinery.
- Extension table provided.
- Reverse stitching option available.
- Easy to handle, makes sewing fun.
- Stop/Start buttons makes sewing quick and easy to manage.
- Durable machinery, but sometimes might create problems while stitching layers or thick clothes.
Singer 9960 is an expensive one, but is worth every penny you pay. It is slightly heavy than the rest of the top 6 best sewing machines mentioned. This machine has managed to score a pretty 4.5 on 5 and secures itself the #2 position on the list with more than 1100 satisfied customers.
The Singer 9960 has 600 built in stitching patterns, which can be used for wide range of products. It is equipped with LED lights for proper visibility and also has an extended table, that provides a big working space.
It has an attractive stitch editing capability like no other machine. This helps us to manage the type and the length of our stitches.
- Dream machine, sews like magic
- 600 built-in stitching patterns
- Stitch editing capabilities
- Auto-pilot option
- LED lights for better vision
- Speed control for beginners
- Foot pedal not required
- Expensive, not if you consider the quality and the features available.
- Slightly heavy
- Numerous letters and decorative stitches may be bloatware.
Brother XL2600I has scored #3 position with a 4.4 rating on 5. It is the lightest and the smallest one in the top 5 best sewing machine category and has been bought by more than 2000 customers.
Its pricing is perfect to fit in a strict budget. It has a very direct and sound machinery, making it quite comfortable to work with. Has all types of basic stitches hence, is very well recommended for beginners as well as intermediates.
Here is a list of some pros and cons that would help you decide, whether the Brother XL2600I is perfect for your needs or not.
- Simple product.
- Reasonable price.
- Smallest and the lightest in its category i.e. portable.
- Precise stitches.
- Has varying speed control settings.
- Sound machinery, easy to operate.
- Perfect for everyday stitching.
- Might create a problem with thick or layered clothes stitching.
Singer 7258 is a moderate size sewing machine that has primed the #4 position and has been successfully sold to almost 1400 convinced customers. It scores a decent score of 4.3 on 5, according to the customer reviews.
It is an auto-pilot option that allows you to sew without foot pedal. Equipped with an LED screen that helps to select the length, width and the type of stitch required. It has 100 built-in stitching options that makes it suitable for all types of sewing projects, such as crafts, quilting, heirloom, fashion sewing, home and decorative sewing.
An attractive DVD is also included with the kit that helps you understand the machine basics with sufficient number of tutorials.
- Great machine, decent price.
- Very effective for stitching thick and layered clothes.
- Auto-pilot option saves a lot of effort.
- LED light illuminates the work place for optimal viewing.
- 100 built-in stitches, variety of creativity, can be used by beginners as well as experts.
- Silent worker.
- Helpful DVD tutorials.
- Stitches like a dream.
- Has a plastic foot lever. Ideally something like a foot pedal should be made up of metal but this plastic is also durable.
- Extension table not provided, so might create an issue for sewing large chunks of clothes.
Singer 4411 has secured the #5 position in our list, with a score of 4.2 on 5. This product has more than 2000 satisfied customers.
It is a heavy duty metal frame machine with a very powerful motor which can stitch just about any fabric. Has 11 built-in stitching patterns which can be used for daily as well as for various creative projects.
The base has a stainless steel bed plate which helps the cloth to slide easily and not get struck with the arm of the machine. This machine has a high professional sewing speed of around 1100 stitches per minute making it one of the fastest machines in its category.
- Wonderful product, fair price.
- High sewing speed.
- Stainless steel bed plate.
- Automatic four-step buttonhole.
- Capable of stitching thick and layered material.
- Gives a professional touch to your sewing art.
- Comparatively heavy.
- Slightly louder because of its fast sewing speed.
- Some people have problems with the positioning of the needle (not centred).
Janome 2212 has been rated #6 according to customer reviews and scores a handsome 4.2 on 5. Janome machines have been known for their quality for years, and this machine is yet another example.
It is loaded with 12 built in stitching patterns, which can be selected just by turning the dial. These stitching patterns include all the basic as well as some decorative stitch patterns required for every day, creative or heirloom stitching.
It sews at a speed of 860 stitches per minute which is suitable for both skilled, or a passionate beginner. This machine has various features especially made for their ease of use to the user. Janome designs its machines for their excellent performance, quality, comfort and the ease of use. Some of the pros and cons of Janome 2212 are given below, that make this machine worth a try.
- Good quality, fair price
- Free arm for stitching cuffs, collars and other cylindrical projects.
- Built-in thread cutter, fasten the process of sewing.
- 12 built-in stitches
- Drop feed option available for free motion sewing.
- Four-step buttonhole
- Gives a speed of 860 stitches per minute making it the best product to be used by experienced or beginner sewers.
- Light weight, very portable.
- Versatile, can be used for any type of sewing.
- No LCD screen, the function is fulfilled by a rotating dial.
- Some complaints regarding the needle getting stuck with the bobbin or the shuttle have been received.